Firstly, best wishes to all students on obtaining their Leaving Certificate results.
Results are available on-line at www.examinations.ie through the Self-Service Portal from 10.a.m on 3rd September, using your exam number and self-service Portal Password.
Students may prefer to contact their schools if they wish.
In addition, the National Parents Council Post Primary (NPCPP) Helpline, which is staffed by Guidance Counsellors, will be available at Tel: 1800 265 165 on Fri 3rd Sept, Sun 5th Sep and from Tues 7th Sept to Friday 10th Sept from 11.00am to 8.00pm.
Options after Leaving Cert would include the following …
– Tues 7th Sept – CAO First round offers will be available from 2.00pm.
– Tues 7th Sept – Access to a breakdown of results available from 5.00pm (e.g. Leaving Cert written exam results or the S.E.C. accredited grades).
– Tues 7th Sept – Application to view written scripts opens also at 5.00pm.
– Wed 8th Sept – Available CAO college places open at 12 noon.
– Wed 8th Sept – Application to view written scripts closes at 8.00pm.
– Sat 11th Sept – Written scripts can be viewed in schools at allocated times.
– Sat 11th Sept to Mon 13th Sept – Appeals can be made through the Self-Service Portal.
– Mon 13th Sept – Acceptance of CAO Round 1 offers by 3.00pm.
– Mon 20th Sept – CAO Round 2 offers 10.00am.
– Wed 22nd Sept – Acceptance of CAO Round 2 offers by 3.00pm.
– Tues 28th Sept – CAO Round 3 offers 10.00am.
– Thurs 30th Sept – Acceptance of CAO Round 3 offers by 3.00pm.
Subsequent round offers are outlined on CAO website at www.cao.ie.
Release of Leaving Cert Appeals results mid-October.
Students can still apply directly online for places on Post Leaving Cert Courses, Apprenticeships, and other training providers.
It is important that the course option one intends to follow should be fully researched before a decision is made on it.
Other options to be considered could be Repeat the Leaving Cert, or an essential subject/course requirement, or defer study options and seek employment opportunities.